SAVE WITH COUPON CODE OFFERS
Making ends meet with a weekly budget can be tricky – even if you ace it one week, you’re right back where you started the next, so why not try to save with coupon code offers?
There are really clever ways for you to nip and tuck your budget to make sure that you can get the biggest bang for your buck. Let’s take a look at the top 10 ways to save on your weekly shop – and other things – during 2021. Follow these great tips to balance your budget.
Before you buy, there are a few sites to check out. Check out discount codes at the following sites:
- HotDeals UK – You can pick up almost any deal on here, from in-store to big brand vouchers
- LoveMoney – Gives you a weekly column on the best supermarket deals
- Latestdeals – Collects together all the latest deals, flash sales and freebies in one place, with a free app
- BeCleverWithYourCash – A quick route to the best of the week’s supermarket deals
There is a wide choice of voucher discount sites to choose from, so find one you like or shop around.
- Lidl app – Get even more money off your budget supermarket shop when you download the Lidl app. The app is home to your digital Lidl Plus card, which gives you weekly digital coupons to activate. Every time you spend, it goes towards a monthly total. Hit Lidl’s target to unlock more savings.
- Check the UK newspaper sites for vouchers. Most UK newspaper websites have a voucher and codes section tucked away somewhere. The Mirror has a range of discounts that change weekly. The Telegraph also offers voucher codes as does the Daily Mail. It’s worth searching for the name of the newspaper, followed by voucher codes 2021
- Switch suppliers – After rent or mortgage and insurances, utilities can be your next big monthly pay-out. Rather than settle for the supplier you’ve always had, it can pay to shop around. There are numerous sites that make it easy for you to find a better deal and to help you make the switch. Try:
- Sign up to the brand newsletter. It might mean that you get lots of unwanted marketing emails but it also means that brand offers and special sales will come directly to your inbox.
- Money Saving Expert – The site, created and run by money journalist and guru, Martin Lewis, could be your one-stop-shop for money saving. Not only does his team work to bring you the best in coupons, vouchers and deals, but there are also loads of forums where you can read how others save money. You can ask questions and get involved in a money-saving community.
- Go with a cashback site – If you make your purchases through cashback sites, such as TopCashBack or QuidCo, then you will earn money on your purchases. There are no hidden charges and it can be a great way of saving as you spend.
- Bank boost – Banks have become more competitive and many offer cashback deals with big brands. Check out your online banking for options and you could be earning back a percentage of what you spend. Some of these may be small percentages but it is big purchases are possible. You might accrue a tidy amount over the year.
Watch the big brands – The run-up to Christmas is a great time for money saving discounts, with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but be careful. These aren’t always the lowest prices so it can pay to watch the price of whatever it is you are after. Brands often have Spring and Summer sales too and Amazon Prime Day. Amazon Prime Day is for Prime members and let’s you access great deals for two days. You might have to take out a free trial membership, so remember to cancel it.
- Talk to your suppliers and providers
This might not work with the big retailers or brands – why should it? They’re already doing discounts and offers. However, if you are planning a purchase from a smaller or owner-managed business, you may be able to negotiate a good discount – or get more for your money. It’s not haggling but it is how business used to be done and many retailers don’t mind you asking. Be realistic and pleasant and you could surprise yourself with your savings. Good businesspeople want to seal the deal, for you to tell your friends and for you to come back again and again.